Sunday, November 4, 2012

Media Fast

No, not Medi-fast!   Media Fast!  Although, I'm sure both will result in weight-loss.

The urge to detox from all electronic entertainment has been tuging on my heart for a couple of months.  I have to be honest...I did not want to do it!!  We've fasted from TV before and the end result is rewarding, but it's not always easy.

  I have my moments when I want more time with a book and cup of coffee.  Turning on the Electronic Baby-sitters would grant me that time.  Most of the time Sometimes I use my babysitters, so I can simply shower! 

  Texas only has a few months of "perfect" weather. When our kids didn't want to play outside because they would rather sit in front of the screen, I knew it was time.  The moment came when I heard arguing in the other room.  This was it!

  I quickly grabed a poster board and wrote, MEDIA FAST- No Computer, No TV!
Thankfully, the Lord prompted me to add what we would be saying yes to. So I wrote, Yes Love! Yes Family! Yes Bible! Yes Games! And so on...

  Next I wrote a count down till the end of the year. 66 days!  Yeah, I know! CRAZY!!  I don't care that my sign is ugly or that we started on a Saturday. I knew if I waited for Monday, it wouldn't happen.  I knew if I waited to find time to make a perfectly scrapbooked count-down, it wouldn't happen. So right now I have my ugly plain white sign hanging, front and center in our dining room.  I couldn't be happier.

 

No comments :

Post a Comment